How To Use The Cherry Grove
Minecraft’s highly anticipated Cherry Grove Biome has finally arrived as part of the exciting Trails and Tales update, which focuses on exploration. While many players are currently enjoying the new Archeology mechanics for treasure hunting, others are eager to make the most of this unique biome. Luckily, Cherry Groves offer a wealth of new possibilities with their new blocks and particle effects. Read on to discover everything you need to know about generating Cherry Groves, their resources, and creative ideas for their use.
Finding Cherry Groves
Cherry Groves naturally generate as biomes in all versions of Minecraft after 1.20. These biomes tend to appear on the first layer of mountains, in areas similar to meadows. The most natural way to find a Cherry Grove is through good old-fashioned exploration. It may take some time, but if you’re lucky, you’ll stumble upon one nearby. These biomes are easily recognizable as lush grasslands adorned with pink petals, flowers, and vibrant pink Cherry Blossom Trees.
Alternatively, if you’re playing the Java Edition of Minecraft, there is a console command to locate biomes. For versions 1.16 to 1.19, use the command /locate biome cherry_grove. If you’re playing a later version, simply use the command /locate cherry_grove. Unfortunately, the ability to search for biomes doesn’t exist in versions prior to 1.16.
What to Expect in Cherry Groves
Cherry Groves are home to a variety of new resources, as well as some more common ones. Here’s what you can find:
– Cherry Logs
– Cherry Saplings
– Cherry Leaves
– Pink Petals
– Tall Grass
– Emerald Blocks (underground)
– Hostile mobs, including some new ones, can spawn in Cherry Groves.
– Peaceful mobs such as Pigs, Sheep, Rabbits, Bees, and Glow Squids can also be found there.
Creative Ideas for Using Cherry Groves
Players who are fortunate enough to discover a Cherry Grove have numerous options for utilizing this biome. With its relatively uncrowded nature, it makes for an ideal location for farming and building. The presence of various mobs provides opportunities for ranching activities. Additionally, the unique look of the blocks makes them perfect for constructing houses and other structures. Here are a few creative ideas:
1. Beekeeping: Beehives naturally generate in Cherry Groves or can be relocated there using Silk Touch. Due to the Pink Petals and Cherry leaves attracting Bees for pollination, this biome is highly efficient for Honey and Honeycomb generation. Bees can also help fertilize crops by advancing their growth stages when flying over them with pollen.
2. Glow Ink Harvesting: Glow Squids can spawn in bodies of water within Cherry Groves, making it an excellent place to find Glow Ink. This ink can be used to create neon-like writing on signs and glow item frames.
3. Sheep & Wool: Finding wool, especially at the start of a new world, can be time-consuming. Cherry Groves are a great place to find sheep to tame or quickly acquire wool from wild sheep.
4. Rabbits & Skin: Rabbits occasionally spawn in the tall grass blocks of Cherry Groves. These rabbits can be corralled and bred for their meat, feet, or skins. Rabbit skins can be crafted into leather or used to make a Bundle, while rabbit feet are essential for brewing Mundane Potions or Potions of Leaping.
5. Cherry Trees: Cherry Trees offer excellent building potential. They can be harvested directly from the grove or grown near your base using bone meal for a renewable resource. Cherry logs can be turned into planks and used in various wood-related recipes. If the logs are stripped, they can be used to craft the new Hanging Sign block. Cherry Leaves can be harvested with shears and have a unique particle effect specific to Cherry Trees. Pink leaves will gently fall beneath a Cherry Leaf block, even when placed outside the grove.
6. Pink Petals: Pink Petals are beautiful flowers that can be reproduced using bone meal and stacked up to 4 high on a single block. Using bone meal on an empty block within the Cherry Grove biome will create a Pink Petal block. While Pink Petals cannot be harvested by breaking, they will drop a copy of themselves when bone meal is used on a block containing 4 Pink Petals. This copy can then be planted elsewhere. Aside from decoration, Pink Petals can be used to craft Pink Dye.
In conclusion, the addition of the Cherry Grove Biome in Minecraft’s Trails and Tales update brings a wealth of new possibilities for players. From farming and building to beekeeping and ink harvesting, there are plenty of exciting ways to make the most of this unique biome. Happy exploring!
Minecraft’s long-awaited Cherry Grove Biome is here as part of the exploration-heavy Trails and Tales update. While many players are currently focused on the fun of going treasure hunting using the new Archeology mechanics, others are looking to make the most of this new biome.
Luckily, Cherry Groves are chock-full of new potential – with new blocks and particle effects. Keep reading for everything you need to know about the generation of Cherry Groves, their resources, and ideas for how to use them.
How To Find Cherry Groves
Cherry Groves are naturally generating biomes in all versions of Minecraft after 1.20. Cherry Groves tend to spawn on the first layer of mountains, in the same areas where meadows would spawn.
The most natural way to locate a Cherry Grove is through exploration. This can take quite a while, but if you are lucky there is one nearby. They are an easy-to-spot grassland biome with Pink petals, flowers, and bright pink Cherry Blossom Trees.
Alternatively, there is a console command to locate biomes in the Java Edition of Minecraft. From version 1.16 to version 1.19, use the command /locate biome cherry_grove. If you are playing on a later version, use the command /locate cherry_grove. Unfortunately, the ability to search for biomes does not exist before version 1.16.
What Spawns In Cherry Groves?
There are a number of new resources that spawn in Cherry Groves, as well as more common ones.
In Cherry Groves, there are unique construction materials, plants, and interesting ores. Expect to find:
- Cherry Logs
- Cherry Saplings
- Cherry Leaves
- Pink Petals
- Tall Grass
- Emerald Blocks (underground)
A number of hostile mobs can spawn in Cherry Groves, but there are also peaceful mobs there such as:
- Glow Squids
Hostile mob spawns for Cherry Groves are identical to meadows and other grassland variants.
Ideas For How To Use The Cherry Grove
Players who are lucky enough to find a Cherry Grove have many options for how to use it. This biome is typically not too crowded, making it a good location for farming and building. Mob spawns give it a lot of potential for some ranching activities as well. Additionally, the look of the blocks makes them excellent construction materials for houses and other structures.
Beehives are naturally generated in this biome or can be relocated here with Silk Touch. Because the Pink Petals and Cherry leaves attract Bees for Pollination purposes, this biome is very efficient for Honey and Honeycomb generation. Bees can also be used to fertilize your crops, as they advance the growth stage when flying over with pollen (similar to using bone meal on the plant).
Glow Ink Harvesting
Because Glow Squids can spawn in a body of water inside a Cherry Grove, this is a good place to go when looking for Glow Ink. Glow Ink can be used to make neon-esque writing on signs, as well as making glow item frames.
Sheep & Wool
Especially when first starting a new world, finding wool is important but time-consuming. You need several sheep in order to make a bed, and then will need them again later for additional recipes. If you are looking for sheep to tame, or simply want some quick wool from wild sheep, then the Cherry Grove is a good place to go.
Rabbits & Skin
Rabbits occasionally spawn in the tall grass blocks of Cherry Grove. These rabbits can be corralled and bred for their meat, feet, or skins. Rabbit skins can be crafted into leather, or are used to craft a Bundle. Rabbit feet are an important ingredient for Mundane Potions or Potions of Leaping.
Cherry Trees have a lot of building potential. These spawns can be harvested directly from the grove, or grown where your base is using bone meal for a renewable resource. Simply take a sapling or pink petal block back home, and plant on a grass or dirt block to cultivate.
Cherry logs can be made into planks and all other normal wood-type recipes. If these logs have been Striped, then they can be used to craft the new Hanging Sign block. Cherry Leaves can be harvested using shear, and have an accompanying particle effect unique to Cherry Trees. Pink leaves will slowly fall in the space under a Cherry Leaf block, even when the block is placed in another location outside the grove.
Pink Petals are beautiful flowers similar to Sea Pickles or tall flowers in that they can be reproduced with bone meal, and stack up to 4 high on a single block. Using bone meal on an empty block inside the Cherry Grove biome will also create a Pink Petal block.
While Pink Petals cannot be harvested by breaking (even with Silk Touch) they will drop a copy of themselves when bone meal is used on a block that already contains 4 Pink Petals. This copy can then be taken and planted somewhere else. In addition to being a good decoration, Pink Petals can be used to craft Pink Dye.
Next: Minecraft: How To Change Your Username