Slimmed-down John Goodman steals the show on red carpet in Monte Carlo
John Goodman turned heads at the 62nd Monte-Carlo Television Festival in Monaco on Tuesday, showcasing his impressive 200-pound weight loss along with his comical facial expressions. The actor, who presided over the festival’s jury, sported a sleek black suit, white dress shirt, and black bow-tie on the red carpet, flashing his pearly whites to the delight of onlookers. Goodman, who had previously weighed over 400 pounds, credited his weight loss to a combination of hiring a personal trainer, following a Mediterranean-style diet, and cutting out alcohol. Despite admitting to feeling a bit “lazy” during the pandemic, Goodman is determined to get back into a routine this summer and continue his healthy lifestyle.
All eyes were on John Goodman as he continued to show off his impressive 200-pound weight loss — and his various facial expressions.
The “Roseanne” star stole the show with his funny expressions while walking the red carpet at the 2023 Monte-Carlo Television Festival in Monaco Tuesday.
Goodman, who served as the jury president at the festival, was all smiles while rocking a fitted black suit, a white dress shirt and a black bow tie.
Yet, as he met up with some of his fellow judges, the actor goofed off in front of the cameras.
Over the weekend, the 70-year-old initially showed off his impressive weight loss after vowing to “live life better” 16 years ago. At the time, he had reached over 400 pounds.
“In the old days, I would take three months out, lose 60 or 70 pounds, and then reward myself with a six-pack or whatever and just go back to my old habits,” he told ABC in 2017.
“This time, I wanted to do it slowly. Move, exercise. I’m getting to the age where I can’t afford to sit still anymore.”
In addition to hiring a personal trainer, he also cut out all alcohol and follow a Mediterranean-style diet.
For more TheFantasyTimes you love …
Despite the “Righteous Gemstones” actor incorporating more walking and boxing into his daily routine, he expressed that he had been feeling a bit “lazy” since the pandemic.
In fact, the actor recently told Rolling Stone that he fell back into bad habits during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“I haven’t been exercising, but I’m going to start a routine again this summer where I can get some stuff done,” he told the outlet. “I’ve just let everything go just because I haven’t had the energy.”